Friday, January 13, 2017

Blogging, reflecting and 2017

In an attempt to begin 2017 right, I am starting a blog. Thanks Mr. Fuehr for the motivation to begin.


As the year begins, I am reminded that there are so many amazing things I want to start, make happen, and participate in for 2017. There are so many books I want to read, amazing schools I want to visit for great ideas, projects I hope to lead, groups I hope to follow and collaborate with (#MEMSPAchat), and experiences I imagine I'll encounter. I know 2017 is projected, in my world, to be a phenomenal journey. As I think of my hopes for the next year, I am working to remember that it is okay, and most beneficial, to focus on one or two new things to implement at a time. This is important to remember for ourselves and for our staff. You start to see and feel when it's just...too much!


I have decided to remember the following thoughts for 2017:
  • I may have worked hard to build trust and relationships in 2016, but work here is never done...maintenance is required in 2017.
  • I can't please everyone, even though I REALLY want to.
  • It's okay to slow down: read one or two professional books at a time, not four!
  • In the funny, but true words about Twitter, from Administrator, Andy Fuehr, "If it isn't documented, it didn't happen!" I will take more pictures, witness the great learning experiences students are a part of at Ryan, and yes, post to Twitter and blog.
  • Lastly, "Every minute counts...even those minutes around the edges!" Dave Burgess and Shelley Burgess said it perfectly, not only for teaching and specifically building relationships, but also a great point to remember in 2017.


Wow, I am excited and anxious for this great new year of reflection (and blogs)! Are you? What things will you find remarkable as you reflect on 2016 and embark on the journeys of 2017?!

1 comment:

  1. Great first post, love your goals for 2017! Please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete